Oct 1, 2011

September Hits and Misses

October is here! OMG! Before we know it, 2012 will be knocking on our doors. Many of my favorite products for August were the same for September. Here's a list of items I fell in love with, or hated, whether I purchased them recently or already had them in my collection.

Hits:
Mac Face and Body Foundation in C3
This foundation is very sheer, but you can build it up to provide the amount of coverage you need. Also, it's water-resistant, and I find that it's still on after a full day of wear.

Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
One of the current makeup trends for fall are spider lashes, and this mascara definitely helps me achieve that effect. I'm not saying that it clumps easily on its own, but with enough coats my lashes were almost touching the tops of my brows. The only drawback with this mascara is that I got the waterproof version, so its pretty much impossible to remove.

mark. Matte-Nificent Oil Absorbing Powder in Natural Buff
I've had this powder for a while, but lately I've been getting way more use from it. My skin has always been normal/oily, but since using the Clarisonic it has turned oily all over. This powder mattifies my skin perfectly, but doesn't look like I have powder at all.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Dollface
This blush is the longest-lasting blush I've ever encountered. 'Nuff said.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Eau De Parfum
This perfume smells amazing! Its very sweet and feminine, and I just love it! I have both the big size and the rollerball. Definitely try it if you get a chance!


Misses:

Givenchy Gelée D'Interdit Smoothing Gloss Balm in 10 Icy Peach
I got a deluxe sample for free with one of my Sephora purchases. Although I give it a 10/10 for packaging, there's really nothing special about this gloss.  On the tube it looks like this gorgeous peach color, and it smells pretty good, but it goes on clear and all you see is a bunch of glitter. I can also feel the glitter as tiny particles on my lips, which is kind of annoying. The full size retails for about $26, and I honestly don't know why anyone would pay such a high price for glitter in a bottle.

Skintimate Extra Gentle Moisturizing Cream Shave
I've been a fan of Skintimate for years, but this product SUCKS! Not only does it smell repulsive (to me, anyway), it is very creamy to the point where it clogs and dulls my razor after just one use. I also find that it clogs the pores on my legs. Never again!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment