Oct 17, 2011

My Favorite Lip Balm

Ever since I could remember, I've always had extremely dry lips. Weirdly enough, the rest of my body is the opposite - I don't really apply body lotion, and my hair and face are on the oily side. I have to apply some kind of lip product constantly, to the point that I sleep with one under my pillow. There were even cases where I'd forgotten to take one with me, and had to buy one ASAP before my lips started peeling and burning.

If you're reading this, you've probably heard of the famous Smith's Rosebud Salve. I had heard wonders about this product, and I always wanted to try it on my lips. However, once I smelled it I knew it was a no-go. The smell of rosewater was just not up my alley. One day while browsing near the Sephora checkout line, I noticed this gem - Smith's Rosebud Lip Balm in Minted Rose. It was essentially the same as the original, but mint-infused and with a prettier color. The scent was a bit hard to get used to, but I am a mint fanatic so I was OK.

This was the first lip balm that made my lips feel extremely soft and moisturized, and I didn't have the need to re-apply so often. I also felt like it was making my lips softer over time. After buying this, I basically neglect all of my other lip products as this gives you just the right amount of sheer color and glossiness. One tin lasts almost six months, and you can find it at the Sephora checkout line for $7. I hope they never discontinue this!

No comments:

Post a Comment