Oct 8, 2011

MAC Face and Body Foundation: A Review

I always wanted a foundation that made my skin look completely natural, as if I had no foundation on at all. I heard of MAC's Face and Body through YouTube reviews, and I was really excited to try it. However, I had never owned a MAC product before, so I was a bit scared to pay such a high price. About a month later, after extensive research, I learned that I could get a sample before buying the full-size, so I did, in the color C3. 

MAC Face and Body Foundation in C3

As soon as I tried this foundation, I fell in love with how it made my skin look. I have very cool/pink undertones on my face, and this foundation managed to cancel those out, so my face looked completely neutral. However, it still looked like my skin, just better. It gives this particular sheen that makes your skin look almost wet, but not shiny. This foundation is water-resistant, and as a result it dries extremely fast, so its best to work in small sections. I find that it's best to apply it with my fingers or a synthetic brush.

The makeup artist at the counter who assisted me also gave me a few pointers regarding this product. He said if you apply it to your legs, it will make you look like you have stockings on. He also said that if you want to extend the shelf life, you should store the bottle in the fridge, this way it can last up to two years. 

This foundation has a very light coverage, so its best for people with fairly clear skin. You can build it up to your desired coverage as you please, but if you have any bumps, they will show through. This foundation is available at the MAC freestanding stores, or at maccosmetics.com. Also, this comes in a 4oz bottle - about 4x the size of a regular foundation, so it can last you a very long time. For $32, that's not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment