Dec 20, 2011

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette: Review & Photos

Why hello there! I know I haven't posted in forever, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten about this blog. I have many reviews, tips and routines coming up that I think everyone will enjoy, so stay tuned.

If you are somewhat interested in makeup and beauty products, you've probably heard of the ever-so-famous Urban Decay Naked Palette. UD eyeshadows are known for their amazing texture, pigmentation, and overall quality. Last year when they released a 'Naked' palette full of wearable neutrals, everyone went nuts and it sold out everywhere. The palette became so famous that this month they have released a sequel called the Naked2.

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette
Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, & Snakebite

Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, & Blackout
Double-ended brush
Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Naked









This new palette is already famous by association. I managed to get my hands on it, but so far only the Urban Decay website is carrying it and it keeps selling out at a ridiculous rate. This palette deserves five stars just for the fact that it includes twelve full-size shadows, when a single UD shadow usually retails for $17. The packaging of this version is made of plastic and resembles a metal tin, which might make it more durable and definitely easier to clean. It comes with a bigger mirror, a double ended brush (a flat shader and a fluffy blending brush) and a mini lip gloss. All of this for just $50 USD is just too good to pass up.

The real question would be, is it worth to have both? In my opinion, I actually prefer this new palette over the old one. On the UD website it says that this palette was created with more 'greige' and cooler colors, which I definitely like. Many of the new shades lean more towards the cooler side and there are many shades of taupe. There are also three matte colors: a cream highlight (Foxy), a mid-tone beige/gray (Tease) and a really intense black for liner or defined crease work (Blackout). I have light, cool-toned skin, so this palette will definitely get more use than my original Naked.

If you are a makeup collector and can afford it, it's definitely OK to have both palettes. My older Naked palette was barely used, so I actually sold it to a friend who prefers gold and bronze shades. If you have neither and are considering purchasing one, I'd say go to the store once it's released and swatch the shades. Although they look very similar in their packaging, the difference is quite notable. However, I definitely like the Naked2 better than the first. :)

This palette is currently available at UrbanDecay.com and I believe it will be available at Sephora.com after Christmas. This palette retails for $50 USD.

1 comment:

  1. Once I'm making money, I might just get this one too

    ReplyDelete