Dec 21, 2011

Tag: If I Had To Start Over

So there is this tag that has been going around YouTube that asks you to name the ten items you would purchase first if all of your makeup disappeared. I don't make YouTube videos, but I thought it would be fun to share this anyway.

The first item on my list is a cheap clear mascara. I use a clear mascara every single day to keep my crazy eyebrows in place, and I think it makes all the difference in the world. I don't bother buying expensive tubes of "brow gels" because a $2 clear mascara from a drugstore works just fine!

The second item is actually a dark grey eyeshadow, which I use sometimes to fill in the gaps of my brows. My hair and eyebrows are black, and I find that dark grey looks more natural than a brown shadow. I apply it using an angled eyeliner brush for a natural finish. The one I currently have is Kiko Eye Shadow in 175, but when I run out I'll have to get something different unless I go to Italy to get it :)

My next item is the Milani Liquif'eye Eyeliner Pencil in Black, and so far this has been the darkest, creamiest liner I've found that doesn't move around in my inner rims/lower lash line.

I would have to buy a mascara, and although I don't use one every day, I like to have one for when I'm doing night looks or if I feel like wearing one. I've tried many before, but so far I really love the Clinique High Impact, L'Oreal Voluminous, and Rimmel The Max Volume Flash mascaras.

Rimmel The Max Volume Flash Mascara
For foundation, I'd like something that I could use as a powder and that's portable. Right now I'm using the Mark. Powder Buff Foundation in Buff, and I really like it. I haven't found my holy grail foundation yet, but I'm working on it!

I think my favorite makeup item is blush, so I actually picked two from my current collection. If my makeup actually did disappear, I'm not 100% sure if I would repurchase these specific ones, simply because I love blush and I want to try every single one out there, but for now MAC's Dame and Benefit's Dallas would definitely have me covered. 
Benefit Dallas & MAC blush in Dame


For eyeshadow I had to pick a palette, and of course I went with my new boo, the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette. This palette is amazing, and I can create so many different looks! If you want to know more, you can read my review here

I have oily skin, and thus I have oily eyelids. Without primer, my eyeshadow would crease badly, and then just disappear somewhere, and that's not a very good look. I haven't tried many primers, because the one that I tried first was amazing, and that was the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I currently have the original, but I'm really interested in trying the Eden one. 

Lastly, I had to pick a lip product, so I decided to go with Clinique's Superbalm Lip Treatment in Currant. This is a balm/lip gloss that leaves some color and is super moisturizing, and I've actually repurchased it twice. Most of the time I wear lip balm, but this one can act as a lip gloss as well.


That was all, thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment