Feb 11, 2012

How To Do Your Makeup When You're Half Asleep!

Recently I got a job that requires me to wake up at 6AM. By the time I get completely ready, there's usually not more than 5 minutes left for makeup. This might be enough for some people, but I am so slow in the morning that it can take me about twice the time to do something! Here, I have pretty much everything I've been doing to make myself look like I actually had a good night sleep.



EYES: 
I have really veiny, reddish eyelids, so I use a bit of  MAC's Painterly Paint Pot to cover that up. I'm a contact wearer, so if I didn't get enough sleep, my contacts can sting pretty badly. I usually wait till I'm about to leave to put them on, but in the meantime, I like to apply some lubricant eye drops to prevent the stinging. I really don't have time to actually apply eyeshadow, so I just add some liner to my inner rims and some mascara, and I try to curl my lashes when I can.  I always, always, always apply a little bit of clear mascara to my brows, and that instantly makes me look put together.


FACE:
Where I live, it can get pretty cold in the morning, causing my skin to get red and sometimes dry. I like to use a sunscreen because it's more emollient than my normal Clinique Dramatically Different Gel. I usually apply a quick layer of liquid foundation, and skip powder. Then, I apply a generous amount of my choice of blush, which for this winter has been either Nars Sin or Inglot #55. I never skip blush, because I think it takes me from ghost to normal. :)


LIPS:
For lips, I'm usually the type to only wear lip balm, but recently I've been keeping one of the new Revlon Lip Butters (shade Berry Smoothie) in my coat pocket. I usually smack this on once I'm already out the door.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment