Aug 24, 2011

Solia 1 inch Flat Iron (Purple) - A review

I purchased the Solia 1 inch Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron almost two years ago on folica.com. I had never even heard of folica before, but my cousin, who has very unmanageable hair, had recently gotten the 1 1/2in version and her hair was looking regal. I had also never purchased a professional-quality straightener, so after trying hers out, I ordered my own. I was certainly pleased that they had such fun colors to choose from!

I won't go into the technical details too much, but know that this straightener has very smooth plates, which allow for flawless straightening. I noticed that my purple one also has a smoother exterior than the one my cousin owns (she has the black one with the blue plates), which makes curling the hair easier as well.

One of the best perks of this product is how smooth it leaves my hair. It only takes 30 seconds to heat up, and I usually put it on the highest setting (450°F). If I want a more voluminous, natural look, I can do my entire head in about 5 minutes! But if I want a super sleek, extra-straight style, I can finish in 10 minutes top - and I have curly hair. Once my hair is done, it is considerably shinier, softer, and it doesn't poof up in humid weather. It also doesn't get curly unless I actually wet my hair again.
Before
After

Overall, I would give this product a 10/10. It's been almost two years and it still performs like a beast. The only wear and tear would be that the Solia logo has rubbed off on the sides, but that's normal. Other than that, this is a great, affordable professional-grade flat iron, and if you purchase it on folica, I believe you get a 3-year warranty and a free heat-proof pouch. Hope this review helped, and thank you for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment